Looking for a healthy snack to power you through the afternoon? You’ve come to the right place. These full of flavor homemade PB & J Bites are similar to the store bought Larabars. Careful, they are addicting
When I was younger a peanut butter & jelly sandwich was frequently found in my lunch box for school. Now, I am a working gal in my 20’s and I still pack a peanut butter & jelly sandwich for lunch sometimes. I must say though, I am much more selective of the type of bread, peanut butter, and jelly I use.Print
Homemade larabars turned into little bites. Perfect for on the go and healthy snacking.
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts (unsalted)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (unsweetened)
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Place nuts in food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add in dates, cherries and cinnamon. Pulse until a clump forms in the processor.
- Take out the mixture and either wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 min to harden, or you can start making your bites right out of the food processor.
- Form into 30 small balls. Wrap them with plastic wrap and put in fridge for later snacking.
I determined a theory in college if snacks were good on-the-go kind of snacks. It was called the “backpack test”. If my snack managed to be still okay by the afternoon getting jostled around my backpack all morning and getting smushed between books then it passed. I’ve made these plenty of times in college because these PB&J Bites passed the “backpack test” with flying colors. Now it’s not so much the “backpack test” but more of a “giant professional bag turned into everyday bag turned into everything I ever need” kind of bag! haha 🙂
Enjoy the rest of the bites and bars recipes other Recipe ReDuxers have made 🙂