Indulge your tastebuds with this Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl. It tastes like dessert, but also a nourishing breakfast!
Swap the straw for a spoon! Smoothie bowls are becoming more and more popular these days. Pinterest is filled with beautiful smoothie bowl creations. My dietitian friends Liz & Janice over at Meal Makeover Moms even made a Smoothie Bowl Coloring Cookbook!
Making a smoothie bowl instead of an on-the-go drink can help practice mindful eating and encourage slower eating. It’s easy to suck down a smoothie in a few big gulps. By enjoying a smoothie bowl with a spoon it can help you slow down, be more aware of what you’re eating and pay attention to whether or not you are actually hungry.
What’s fun about smoothie bowls are the fun toppings you can add. Opt for nutrition powerhouse toppings like fruit, nuts, & seeds. Rather than blending toppings into a smoothie, add them on top smoothie bowl and enjoy their crunch with a spoon rather than through a straw
- 1 small banana, frozen
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut flour/meal (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup milk of choice
- (optional toppings): banana slices, chia seeds, cocoa nibs
- Simple add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- For a thinner consistency, add water. For a thicker consistency, add ice.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings of your choice. Enjoy!