This one pan Balsamic Kale and Vegetable Saute recipe can help get a side dish or dinner on the table in minutes.
This creation accidentally happened when I opened my refrigerator for dinner one night not knowing what I was going to have for dinner and just pulled out everything that I had.
I really liked how it turned out and now I purposely buy all these ingredients to make this recipe over and over again. Since my accidental recipe creation, I’ve made this recipe at least 3 more times already.
I mean, how easy is it? Just simply throw everything into one pan. With minimal prep and clean up, this is the perfect solution for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Of course, you don’t have to create this exact combination. Use this recipe as a template and work with what vegetables you have. Any bean or other protein can be included as well.
What vegetable combination would you create this dish with?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large bunch kale (~ 6 cups), chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- (optional) parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Add olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions and peppers for about 1 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and chickpeas. Cook until mushrooms are tender. (Use a lid to generate steam if the pan starts to become dry)
- Add kale, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar. Toss vegetables to combine. Place a lid on top to allow kale to wilt. Remove lid and cook for an additional 2 minutes, removing excess liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Remove vegetable saute from the pan and garnish with parmesan cheese (if using).
Did you make this recipe? Tag @rdeliciouskitchen on Instagram or send me a picture, I’d love to see!
Pin it for later!