A balance of savory and sweet, this Wild Blueberry & Rosemary Stuffed Baked Brie is a festive appetizer your guests will love.
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 12-ounce wheel of brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry defrosted
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, combine wild blueberries, honey, rosemary, lemon juice, lemon zest and chia seeds. Let simmer for about 10 minutes until mixture thickens. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll the puff pastry into 12×12 inch square. Slice brie horizontally. Place of the brie, rind side down in the middle of the puff pastry. Add blueberry mixture evenly over brie. Place the other half of brie gently on top the blueberry mixture to cover.
- Fold up the corners of puff pastry one at a time, brushing all the dough with the egg wash as you go, using it as the glue to hold the pastry together. Continue to brush the egg wash over the top and sides of the dough after formed.
- Bake the brie at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then carefully pull the oven rack out without removing the brie from the oven. Quickly drizzle with remaining honey and sprinkle with the remaining almond slices. Slide the Brie back in the oven and continue baking for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Top with the remaining wild blueberry mixture and garnish with rosemary. Serve warm.
Keywords: #bakedbrie #brie #rosemary #wildblueberries #blueberries #appetizer #holiday #holidayappetizer