- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey, and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, pumpkin, chicken stock and beans, and stir to combine.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread.
This chili freezes well. Make a large batch and freeze half for another time.
Keywords: chili, pumpkin, turkey,