- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cored and riced (see tips in the note section)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup raw almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, until the onion begins to turn translucent and is fragrant. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. (Be sure to not overcook, or cauliflower will become mushy) Add paprika and cumin. Sauté for an additional minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and tomato paste until smooth. Add to the skillet and stir to incorporate into the cauliflower rice. Cook for 2-3 minutes until liquid has absorbed and evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
recipe adapted from Paleo magazine
To rice the cauliflower:
option 1: Take a box grater and grate the cauliflower into rice in a bowl
option 2: Place cauliflower florets in a food processor pulse until reach desired rice consistency.
option 3: Buy the pre-riced cauliflower, often found fresh in the produce section or frozen at your local grocery store.
Keywords: cauliflower, cauliflower rice, spanish