- 3 red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 (14.5 oz) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Slice pepper in half lengthwise, place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, saute until translucent. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, and cooked quinoa and cook until heated through. Stir in cheese.
- Remove peppers from oven and stuff with bean mixture. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with avocado slices.