- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced
- In a bowl, add chickpeas, water, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mash with the back of a fork, leaving some whole for texture.
- Fold in turmeric, cumin, ginger, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and hummus until well combined.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Add the smashed chickpea mixture with spinach. Saute until chickpeas are warmed through and spinach has wilted.
- Serve with diced avocado and tomatoes.
Keywords: breakfast, plant-based, vegetarian