- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package garlic chicken sausage (6 links)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shaved with a food processor or roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 honeycrisp apple, julienne
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the chicken sausage on a bias (or simply on an angle). In a large pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and cook chicken sausage. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil in the pan and sauté onions and garlic until caramelized. Add shredded Brussels sprouts and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness. Add apple cider vinegar and cook for an additional minute.
- Add apple slices and cook until just warmed through. Add the chicken sausage back in and toss until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.