- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup spinach, finely diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Core tomatoes, removing the inside flesh and seeds. Set aside the inside flesh from 2 of the tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Dice the remaining tomato flesh. Add to a bowl with the quinoa, spinach, mushrooms, garlic and olive oil. Mix well to combine.
- Place tomatoes in a shallow pan. Stuff the tomatoes with the quinoa and vegetable mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, until tomato begins to soften.
- Serve as a side dish, or make it a meal by adding a fried egg on top.