Looking for that perfectly portioned dessert? This no-bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse tastes rich and indulgent with a healthy twist. Did you know yesterday was National Pumpkin Day? October 26th is when all the pumpkin-obsessed individuals rejoice! Sorry, my recipe is belated. I was busy creating and enjoying this delicious, rich, and creamy No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse. These mini desserts will be great to serve at a gathering or an upcoming holiday party. It’s that perfectly portioned treat and I bet no one will ever guess there is tofu in this dessert.
Yes, tofu. Silken tofu can be used to replace eggs or dairy to create a lighter dessert. Just be sure to grab silken tofu. Making regular tofu entails pressing the soy curds and separating them from the whey. For silken tofu, there is no separation or pressure exerted, and it’s often solidified right in the container. Silken tofu has a pudding-like quality. It’s very light in texture with a wonderful, creamy, rich and consistency.
When my recipe tester (aka. my boyfriend) ate 3 of these in one day, I knew this recipe was a winner. I have a feeling this recipe is going to be requested much more often now.
Looking for that perfectly portioned dessert? This no-bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse tastes rich and indulgent with a healthy twist.
- 6 honey graham crackers
- 4 oz. + 1 tablespoon vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (optional) whipped topping
- Coarsely crush graham crackers with a food processor. (Or in a large ziplock bag with a rolling pin). Mix in 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt until well combined. Distribute graham cracker crumbs evenly into 8 small mason jars.
- In a food processor or blender, combine 4 oz. Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, cream cheese, sugar, maple syrup, tofu, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon pumpkin cheesecake mousse mixture into each jar over the graham cracker crust. Top with a dollop of whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired. Cover and refrigerate pumpkin cheesecake mousse until ready to serve.
Keywords: dessert, pumpkin, mousse, cheesecake