Whip up this simple and delicious stir-fry for dinner.
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, 3 tablespoons juice reserved
- 5 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 lb. flank steak, cut into strips
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 sweet pepper, sliced
- Whisk the reserved 3 tbsp pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, and sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Place beef in a medium bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to the remaining sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Transfer the beef to the pan. Whisk any remaining marinade into the bowl of sauce. Cook the beef, stirring every 1 to 2 minutes, until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer the beef to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Add garlic, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms, snap peas and sweet pepper to cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Pour in the sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 30 seconds. Add the beef and pineapple and cook, until heated through.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
Keywords: stir fry, beef, dinner