These Peanut Butter Oat Bars are soft, chewy, and subtly sweet to add to a balanced breakfast or enjoyed as a snack.
1/2 cup natural peanut butter, melted
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 small ripe banana, mashed
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup finely ground flaxseed (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, coconut oil, banana, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir in cinnamon, rolled oats, and flaxseed, until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread in an even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before slicing into squares.
I used Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed, which is more of a powdery/flour texture.
Add chocolate chips or nuts, sprinkled on top or folded into the batter, as desired.
Keywords: peanut butter, oats, bars, breakfast, snack, whole grain,