Enjoy this Peach Walnut Crisp for a sweet (and healthy) treat!
- 4 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (not melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss peach slices with arrowroot and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon until evenly coated. Pour in an even layer at the bottom of the baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the rolled oats, walnuts, oat flour, coconut sugar, and salt. Stir to combine. Mix in the maple syrup and coconut oil. Knead with the back of a fork or finger to create a crumb-like texture. Evenly layer on top of the peach slices in the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until crumble is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes on a cooling rack. This will allow the peach mixture set.