- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup parsley stems, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness.
- While the asparagus is cooking, add walnuts, parsley, parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse again.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while the food processor is running just long enough to incorporate the oil, about 20-30 seconds.
- Spread pesto over asparagus and serve.
Reserve extra pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator.