I want to wish my boyfriend, Adrian, a very Happy 24th Birthday!! We celebrated this weekend. I made us Molten Lava Cake!! I know typically all my recipes are on the healthier side, but there are times to indulge and celebrate with decadent desserts, guilt free. My friend/roommate from college gave me this recipe. She is a trained pastry chef, so I knew this recipe was going to be amazing.
Molten Lava Cake
Makes 4 servings
Recipe by Theresa Louis, pastry chef
4 oz butter
6 oz bittersweet dark chocolate
2 whole eggs
2 tbsp flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
powdered sugar (optional)
1. In a double boiler melt chocolate and butter together – whisk till smooth.
2. Whip eggs and yolks – slowly streaming in sugar and salt. Whip till thick and pale.
3. Quickly fold chocolate butter mixture (warm, not hot) into whipped egg mixture then fold in flour.
4. Spoon into 4 greased tins, bake at 450 for about 10 min – sides of cake should be firm but center should be soft.
5. Let sit for 1 min out of the oven. Invert onto plates, sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional), and eat asap!