Skip the food coloring and dyes. This recipe is naturally pinkish with sneaking in beets
- 3 beets, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor (or blender), blend the beets, yogurt, egg white, coconut sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until just combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin tins, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
To make this recipe easier, use Love Beets, already cooked and peeled!