Serve pancakes family style with this (grain-free) Jumbo Skillet Apple Pancake.
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk, from the can
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch (or tapioca starch)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 apple (such as a Honeycrisp Pink Lady), peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- Place a large cast iron skillet in the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, leaving the skillet inside during preheating.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot starch, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and add the coconut oil. Swirl it around the pan to coat the bottom and sides. Carefully pour the batter into the skillet. Gently place the apple slices on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly puffed.
- Serve sprinkled with extra cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
adapted from Paleo Magazine
Keywords: #pancake #jumbopancake #apple #glutenfree #breakfast #brunch