2 1/2 cups steel cut oats
7 cups water
2 cinnamon sticks (or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- Add steel cut oats, water, and cinnamon sticks to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Secure Instant Pot lid and close the vent. Set Instant Pot on the manual setting for 6 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, allow the pressure to naturally release for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, discard cinnamon sticks, and stir oats to incorporate any water that has risen to the top.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. (Combination recommendation: blueberries, sliced almonds, and honey)
Leftover oats can be stored in the fridge for up to a week or utilize the freezer-friendly method.
Spray a jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray and scoop about a cup of oats into each muffin tin well. Then add your favorite topping combinations. Once hardened, dip the bottom of the muffin tin in warm water to help remove the single-serving steel cut oat portions and freeze in a container or bag for later use.
Keywords: oatmeal, Instant Pot, steel cut oats, breakfast, cooking tip, oats