Skip takeout! It will take you less time to make this Instant Pot Sesame Chicken than it is to make a trip out for take out.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss chicken to evenly and lightly coat.
- Preheat the Instant Pot and set to “saute”. Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and saute for 3-4 minutes, to brown.
- Stir in soy sauce, ketchup, and red pepper flakes, if using. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve. Set to manual and 3 minutes cook time.
- When done, use the quick pressure release. When most of the steam is released, remove the lid. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and honey. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and water to make a slurry.
- Set Instant Pot back to saute, stir in the slurry and continue to stir as the sauce thickens to desired consistency, about 2 minutes.
- Top with sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice and steam broccoli.
Keywords: instant pot, sesame chicken, dinner