Present this stunning dessert at your next dinner party. These Instant Pot Poached Pears are an elegant dessert that takes minimal prep work.
- 4 Bartlett pears
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- Peel pears. If needed, slice the bottom so pear is able to stand straight up. Using a melon baller, scoop out seeds and core from the bottom.
- Add water, red wine, pomegranate juice, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon sticks, and whole cloves in the instant pot. Set instant pot on the sauté setting until liquid mixture begins to slightly simmer.
- Once the liquid begins to simmer, add pears and switch instant pot to manual setting. Cover and lock the Instant Pot lid and set for 8 minutes.
- When finished, let steam release from Instant Pot. Remove the lid. Carefully remove pears and let cool.
- Place the lid back on the Instant Pot and set the manual setting for 10 minutes. When finished, let the steam release from the Instant Pot and liquid should be reduced by half. Let cool and strain out the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and orange zest.
- Plate poached pears, by adding a pear to a plate. Drizzle liquid to coat the pears and pool at the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Store extra pears the extra liquid in the refrigerator.
Keywords: #pears #poachespears #dessert #lowcarb #fruitdessert #pistachio #redwine