- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Pour warm water into a large bowl; sprinkle with yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, oil, and salt into yeast mixture. Add flour and stir until a sticky dough forms. Start with a whisk, when you will need to need to stir with a spatula once dough starts to come together.
- Transfer dough to another bowl, coated with cooking spray. Cover bowl with a warm damp towel and set aside in a warm place until dough has doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface, punch dough down, and gently knead 1 or 2 times before using.
- Roll out and top with your favorite toppings.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.
For best pizza results, bake in the oven at 500 degrees F on a baking stone.