Have you ever tried grilling leafy greens? Try this Grilled Caesar Salad with Creamy Lemon Tahini Dressing this grilling season.
- 1 large romaine heart, cut in half lengthwise
- Olive oil spray
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic hummus
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in water
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine chickpeas, olive oil, and garlic powder. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chickpeas on baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- As chickpeas are roasting, preheat grill to high. Spray cut, flat side of romaine hearts and place cut-side down on the grill. Grill for about 1-2 minutes until grill marks appear on lettuce. Flip and grill for an additional minute, to sear. Remove hearts to platter cut sides up.
- For dressing, place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle romaine hearts with dressing and top with roasted chickpeas and avocado.
- Store extra dressing in an airtight container.
Keywords: Salad, Caesar Salad, Grilling, Romaine, Tahini, Dressing, side dish