1 pound red bliss potatoes
2 ears of corn, shucked
1 pound French green beans, cut in half
1 lemon, juiced (or 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot add potatoes. Fill with water and bring to a boil and season with salt. Cook potatoes until fork tender, about 20 minutes (depending on the size of your potatoes).
- Using tongs, carefully remove the potatoes and let cool. Add corn to the boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes, or until corn is tender.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the corn and let cool. Add the string beans to the boiling water. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until green beans are tender. Drain green beans and immediately put them in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. When cooled drain green beans and let dry.
- When potatoes are cooled, dice into cubes. Cut corn off the cob. (see notes below for a tip to do this easily)
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and olive oil. Add potatoes, corn, and green beans. Toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Let the potato salad sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let all the flavors marinate.
Tip to cut corn off the cob.
Substitution tip: Don’t have corn on the cob? Swap for sweet canned corn or frozen corn kernels.
Keywords: potato salad, green beans, corn, potatoes, side dish, recipe