Gluten Free Zucchini Banana Bread! This low-sugar bread option is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
One of my friends has been bringing me all kinds of goodies from her garden. I am in garden envy because my green thumb is not doing that well this year. I do have some peppers that are almost ready to be harvested and mint is completely taking over, but I think my zucchini plant is dead – womp!
I don’t always bake gluten free goodies, but I had an opened bag of Bob’s Red Mill gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour. Gluten free baking can be tricky but this 1-to-1 mix makes it extremely easy.
I love zucchini bread and banana bread, so why not mix them together? This is a low-fat, low-sugar quick bread that can be part of a balanced breakfast or enjoyed as dessert. Breakfast suggestion: crumble zucchini banana bread on yogurt with fresh fruit.
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 baking flour)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously spray inside loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Toss with zucchini until zucchini shreds are evenly coated with the flour mixture.
- In another bowl of an electric mixer, add mashed banana, oil, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs; mix until smooth. Add applesauce and yogurt and beat again until well combined. Gently mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add to loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.