- For Quiche
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cups cooked vegetables (any variety that you like), chopped
- For the crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp canola oil
- 1½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place butter, water, brown sugar, salt, and canola oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until butter mixture has fully melted.
- Stir in the gluten free flour. Press into the bottom of a shallow pie shell. (the crust dough will still be wet.) With a fork poke a few holes at the bottom of the crust. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking, chop up cooked vegetables* and grate cheese*. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- When the crust is ready, add the vegetables in an even layer. Pour the eggs over the vegetables and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until eggs are cooked through and cheese is golden brown on top.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
- * = See notes
For this recipe the cooked vegetables I used were broccoli, onion, and yellow bell pepper.
The cheddar cheese used was Cabot Artisan Reserve cheddar cheese.