Support local farmers and enjoy this Garden Fresh Ricotta Pizza with seasonal summer produce.
- 1 pre-made whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3–4 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (or 1/4 cup balsamic glaze)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a small pan, add olive oil over medium heat. Saute leeks and garlic until just beginning to crisp. Set aside and let cool.
- Divide pizza dough into four equal parts. Roll each out into about an 8-inch round. Place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and leeks & garlic mixture. Evenly spread on each rolled out pizza dough in an even layer.
- Evenly layer tomato and zucchini slices on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until crust is golden brown and vegetables are tender.
- While the pizzas are baking, add balsamic vinegar to a shallow pan over low-medium heat. Let simmer, whisking occasionally, until reduced by half to create a balsamic glaze. Remove from heat and pour in a small dish. Let cool.
- When pizza is done, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and top with fresh basil.
Keywords: pizza, local, farmers market, vegetarian,