Traveling always inspires me to create my favorite travel eats at home. My recent France trip inspired me to make these Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Filled Crepes.
I love traveling because I always become inspired to develop new recipes for
Don’t worry, you don’t need any fancy crepe pans and tools to create delicious crepes in your own kitchen. You’ll just need a large nonstick pan, rubber spatula, and a little patience. It’s best to make the batter the night before and let it rest overnight in the refrigerator, allowing the flour to fully absorb into the liquid and give the gluten a chance to relax.
While it was tempting stuff my crepe with N
Do you prefer sweet or savory crepes? Comment below
Traveling inspires new recipes. With a recent trip to France, make these delicious crepes with a strawberry lemon ricotta filling in the comfort of your own home.
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup seltzer
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 6 strawberries, finely chopped
- In a blender combine white whole wheat flour, oat flour, sugar (if using), eggs, milk, and canola oil. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cover with a lid. Refrigerate overnight.
- For the filling: Combine ricotta cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and strawberry jam. Stir to combine. Fold in chopped strawberries.
- Slowly whisk in the seltzer into the batter. Coat a large nonstick pan with generously cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Ladle 1/3 cup of batter into the center of the pan. Immediately tilt and rotate pan to spread evenly over the whole pan.
- Cook until the bottom has slightly browned. Using a rubber spatula quickly flip the crepe and cook until the other side has browned. Remove from pan. Coat pan with cooking spray again and repeat with remaining batter.
- To assemble, place the crepe on a plate and spread filling over half of the crepe. Fold opposite side over the filling to create a half-moon shape, then fold again into a triangle.
- Top with additional ricotta cheese, strawberries, and lemon zest, if desired.
- See notes for storage of crepes.
Refrigerate crepes between sheets of wax paper and wrapped in plastic for up to 2 days.
Keywords: crepes, France, lemon, strawberry, ricotta, travel
Pin this recipe for later!