This creamy pasta is completely dairy free with the base of the sauce being hummus!
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 8 oz. jar roasted red peppers, packed in water, sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) container Sabra Caramelized Onion Hummus
- 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to pasta directions.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic for about 4 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5-7 minutes, until tender and most of the water has evaporated. Tips: Do not rush this step. The mushrooms will release a lot of moisture. Saute until most of the moisture evaporates.
- Add the spinach and stir to combine and wilt. Fold in the roasted red peppers. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the container of Sabra Caramelized Onion Hummus and broth. Whisk and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the sauteed vegetables and linguine to the sauce. Season with salt to taste.
For a lower-carb version: Use half pasta and half zucchini noodles (or all zucchini noodles)
For gluten-free: Use a gluten-free paste (my favorite it Banza!)
To pack in more protein: Use a bean-based pasta.
Keywords: pasta, dinner, vegetarian