- 3 beets, greens and stems removed
- 1 grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1 orange, cut into segments, reserving 1 tablespoon of juice and the zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub beets clean under cold water. Wrap each beet in tin foil. Place on a baking sheet; bake until beets are slightly soft to the touch, 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on their size. Cool beets in packets, then rub off skins (use a paring knife for tough spots). Quarter each beet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, champagne vinegar, honey, orange juice, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the beets and arugula. Drizzle half the vinaigrette over the beet arugula mixture and toss to combine.
- Top with grapefruit segments, orange segments, and walnuts. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette on top. Garnish with orange zest.
Time-saving tip: Use Love Beets (See Supermarket RD’s Picks), which are already cooked and steamed.