- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds and hot water. Let sit for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mixture will gel up and thicken.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Mix in the peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and chia seeds, until combined.
- Add the rolled oats, oat flour, garbanzo bean flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoonful onto a prepared baking sheet, sprayed with non stick spray, or lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.