Take out your waffle maker and whip up a batch of these Cheesy Cauliflower Waffles (aka. “Cauli-Waffles”) for a fun new breakfast!
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I used Cabot!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place your cauliflower rice into a microwave-safe dish. Add a teaspoon of water, (which will help to steam the cauliflower). Cover the dish with a damp paper towel. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave your cauliflower rice covered, to stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a clean towel or paper towel and press to remove any excess moisture, which can make your dish soggy.
- Add cauliflower, scallions, cheddar cheese, and garlic in a bowl. Toss to combine. Fold in whisked egg until all ingredients are coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat waffle iron. Spray waffle iron well with cooking spray. Add 3/4 cup of the cauli-waffle mixture to the waffle iron and cook 3-4 minutes until the desired doneness. (I like them extra crispy!)
- Remove cauli-waffle from waffle iron and spray again before making your next waffle. Repeat process until 4 waffles are made.
- Enjoy as is or top with a fried egg, tomato slices, and avocado.
Keywords: Waffle, cauliflower, low carb, savory, cheesy