- 2 whole wheat Toufayan Pita Bread pitas
- 1 sweet potato, baked skin removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed and roasted
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cups kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- (optional) 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the skin from the sweet potato. In a small food processor, puree the sweet potato, garlic, chicken stock, and black pepper. Spread evenly on both of the pitas.
- In a large saute pan over low-medium heat, saute onions until caramelized. Just as the onions are about done, add the kale and saute until kale has wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble your pizzas by spreading the sweet potato mixture at the bottom, adding the caramelized onions and kale, then butternut squash.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until cheese has melted and pizza is warmed through.
- Let slightly cool and drizzle with balsamic glaze, if using.