This Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is light and refreshing, being a perfect addition to your spring menu.
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red onion (small), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, steam cauliflower and broccoli in a steamer basket for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from pot and plunge in an ice bath or run under cold water (to stop the cooking process). Drain well and place in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, dijon mustard, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add red onion, almonds, and feta cheese to the broccoli and cauliflower. Toss together with the dressing.
Don’t love raw red onions? Try adding pickled onions instead!
Keywords: salad, broccoli, cauliflower, side dish, fresh