Liven up your weeknight chicken dinner with dried plums to add a boost of flavor with a boost of nutritional benefits.
- 4 (4 ounce) pieces skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup California Dried Plums
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl add the California Dried Plums and balsamic vinegar and set aside to soak for at least 5 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten out, using a meat mallet, or rolling pin. Season each side with salt and pepper.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the dried plums and balsamic vinegar, until it turns into a paste like consistency. (Add a few drops of water, if needed)
- Evenly spread the plum mixture over one side of each chicken breasts. Sprinkle walnuts and feta cheese on top.
- Roll chicken (in a jelly roll fashion) gently without letting the filling spill out. Secure chicken with wooden toothpicks.
- Brush each chicken roll up with dijon mustard and and coat with panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and remove wooden toothpicks. Slice chicken breasts crosswise and serve.