- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large bunch kale (~ 6 cups), chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- (optional) parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Add olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions and peppers for about 1 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and chickpeas. Cook until mushrooms are tender. (Use a lid to generate steam if the pan starts to become dry)
- Add kale, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar. Toss vegetables to combine. Place a lid on top to allow kale to wilt. Remove lid and cook for an additional 2 minutes, removing excess liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Remove vegetable saute from the pan and garnish with parmesan cheese (if using).