- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large eggplant
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to (high) broil.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds and place on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On a small piece of tin foil, add the garlic cloves, drizzle over 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Loosely wrap the foil around the garlic. Place the wrapped garlic on the baking sheet with the eggplant.
- Broil for 5 minutes, turn eggplant and broil for an additional 5 minutes. Turn broiler off, but do not remove eggplant from the oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees and roast for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan, wrap the rounds in foil to lock in moisture; let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Peel away most of the skin of the eggplant and add flesh to a food processor. It should be soft and tender and the skin should come off easy. Add the roasted garlic tahini, lemon juice, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and parsley. Process until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with additional parsley. Serve with pita chips and veggies.