Make your morning breakfast a little more fun, by turning a cup of oatmeal into an oatmeal muffin with just adding a few more healthy ingredients and the ease of popping it in the microwave to cook.
There are so many single-serving microwave recipes out there, but many are more on the indulgent side – I’m talking to you, brownie in a mug.
I first learned about this recipe idea from Love Grown Foods, themselves, but I decided to spruce it up a little bit by adding some other healthy ingredients. I thought it would be fun to share a “how-to” video version!
I’ve been wanting to start creating videos for awhile now on the blog, so bare with me as I am still in the learning phases of this venture.
I love this recipe because it serves one. I love muffins, but sometimes I don’t want to make a whole batch especially if I am the only one eating them. Plus it’s a fun healthy twist from a regular oatmeal kind of breakfast.
- 1 single serve Love Grown Oats container
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter powder (I used Crazy Richard’s)
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 1 tbsp low fat milk
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- (optional) Toppings: melted peanut butter, blueberries, walnuts, etc.
- Gently mix in the banana, peanut butter powder, egg whites, low fat milk, blueberries, flaxseed, and chia seeds into the oatmeal container.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. (If still a little wet, microwave in 15 second intervals until cooked through.
- Invert oatmeal cup on to a plate. Add any additional toppings, if desired. Enjoy!
recipe adapted from Love Grown Foods.